Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
1) Presses drapes, knit goods, garments, and slip covers, or delicate textiles, like lace, synthetics, and silks to remove wrinkles, flatten seams, and give shape to article, using hand iron.
2) Places article in position on ironing board or worktable.
3) Smooths shapes fabric prior to pressing.
4) Sprays water over fabric to soften fibers when not using steam iron.
5) Adjusts temperature of iron, according to type of fabric, and uses covering cloths to prevent scorching or to avoid sheen on delicate fabrics.
6) Pushes pulls iron over surface of article, according to type of fabric.
7) Fits odd-shaped pieces which cannot be pressed flat over puff iron.
8) May pin, fold, and hang article after pressing.
9) May be designated according to article or part pressed as Coat Ironer, Hand garment ; Lining Presser garment; laundry rel. ; Seam Presser garment ; Vest Presser garment ; or according to type of cloth pressed as Cotton Presser garment ; Silk Presser garment I or part pressed as.
10) Flatwork Finisher, Hand laundry and rel. ; Piece Presser garment ; Pocket Presser garment ; Underpresser, Hand garment ; Waist Presser garment ; Wearing-Apparel Finisher, Hand laundry rel.