Experience 8 Years +
The role of the General Services Manager will be responsible for the overall supervision of all maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical and kitchen equipment in the best shape for production. The Ideal candidate will take full responsibility for all Facility Management Services and the teams will accountability for both soft and hard services delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Coordination of all equipment and maintenance work ranging from power generators, water treatment plants, kitchen equipment, electrical and electronic systems, to plumbing and sewage systems, refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, cold rooms, e.t.c
• ‘HANDS ON’ engineering, rectifying faulty equipment and machinery
• Identification of problems and solving same.
• Manage a team of technicians of various fields, training the technicians when there is identified competency gap.
• Manage good relations with the general service department and clientele
• Preparation of monthly reports and other administrative duties
• Work on departmental budget and presentation of same in clear concise format
• Management and administration of the general service department
• Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
• Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
• Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
• Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
• B.Sc, B.Eng / HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years progressive relevant experience, 3 years in Managerial capacity,
• Must have a robust knowledge and hands-on experience on various equipment and machinery.
• Ability to handle high voltage panels.
• Ability to work on control systems.
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment set up, maintenance and repairs.
• Knowledge of air-conditioning and cooling systems
• Must have good interpersonal relations skill, relating with other co-workers
• Ability to trouble shoot and solve challenges
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have the ability to multi task.
• Time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done